Performs independent analysis for loan requests of the association's largest and most complex borrowers for the purpose of recommending approval, denial, or alternate structures, while noting any deviations from loan policy.
1. Analyzes financial statements (including performance ratios) of all levels of quality to develop initial assessment by identifying strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a borrower's historical operating performance. Independently discusses alternative
structures, overall assessments and turnaround requirements with the loan officer regarding their own work Prepares and reviews in-depth written analyses for relationships of all sizes and all levels of complexity, including those that gain the greatest exposure.
2. Assists the manager in managing the distribution of workflow within the unit, monitoring adherence to deadlines. Develops procedures, provides support and training to other credit analysts.
3. Researches industry specific information from outside sources, including conversations with borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
4. Attends management loan committees and board committees, as appropriate, to be available to answer questions regarding credit analysis. Participates in customer meetings as requested by loan officers.
5. Mediates between the Credit Department and credit reporting agencies, loan officers and servicing.
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to an Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree Preferred) inFinance, Accounting, Business, or Economics.
2. Six to eight years of well-developed credit skills.
3. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
4. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
5. Self-starter and ability to be assertive and arrive at sound business decisions
6. PROBLEM-SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING:
Ability to assume responsibility without supervision.
Exercises initiative and makes decisions within scope of assigned authority.
Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.